- Results from Club Kawana Armed Pairs 14th Apr. See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- S. A. 2019 Armed Singles winner announced. See Tournament Results S. A.
- State Squad Trials for Vic.’s held in Shepparton. See State Reps. 2019
- ABA welcomes BNABA (Q’ld) check out their newsletter and up coming tournaments. – See Brisbane Northside ABA in the blue menu bar.
- Sample Petition and Letter available for your use in respect of May 1st proposed changes – Go too “Your Comments” or click here.
- 1st Report on “The Battle of the Arms” City of Frankston – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Peter Thow wins inaugural Tasmanian Armed Men’s Singles – See Tournament Results – Tas.
- Open letter to Bowls Aust. & Bowls Vic. from ABA. See “Your Comments”
- New Zealand hosts it first Armed Bowls Pairs at Tauranga South. See “Tournament Results – New Zealand”
- Latest News from Bowls Aust. re Artificial Devices, click this link!
- City of Echuca 17th Mar event cancelled.
- Impending Amendment to the BA Artificial Devices Policy.
I urge you all to see “Approved Arms and Makers” for the new policy.
- Results from Belmont Dec 16th added – See “Tournament Results” – Vic.
- Check out Col Griffin’s (not yet approved arm) “the jigger stick” (Click here or through the link on “Your Comments”
- Highton Flyer added – See “Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.”
- Tauranga New Zealand Flyer added See “Upcoming Tournaments – New Zealand.”
- City of Echuca Flyer added – See “Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.”
- Results from the State Women’s Armed Singles Final – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Results from the State Women’s Armed Pairs Semi – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- City of Frankston “Battle” T’s flyer added – See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- Warracknabeal Armed Pairs moved to 21 Apr ’19 – Flyer to follow.
- New Arm, NOT approved, but worth a look Morice Gardiner’s invention See “Your Comments”
- Results from Karingal 10 Feb ’19 – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- City of Frankston Battle of the Arms Singles 17 Feb. Cancelled.
- Winners photos from Teralba Pairs – See Tournament Results – NSW.
- Highton Event for the 3rd Feb cancelled due to heat… to be re-scheduled to April.
- State Armed Pairs Semi and Singles Final Dandenong Club 15 Feb. (10am & 2pm)
- New Zealand Tauranga South B.C. to stage an Armed triples 24th Mar ’19. – See Upcoming Tournaments – New Zealand.
- New comments
- Day 3 – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Day 2 Vic. Arm Bowler State C’ships. from Armadale. Ladies Singles and more results from Day 1. – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Day 1 Vic. Arm Bowler State C’ships. from Armadale. (Part Results) – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Flyer for Q’ld State Arm Bowler C’ships added – See Upcoming Tournaments Q’ld.
- I really do wish all ABA readers and Armers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2019!
- Conditions of Play for the Vic. State Armed Single and Pairs (Jan ’19) – See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic. or click here.
- The Draws are out for Vic. State Armed Singles and Pairs (Jan ’19) – See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic. or click here.
- A moment of indulgence from the Editor. See Bit’s ‘n Pieces 2.
- MABA Christmas at Manly. Photos & report from Geoff Geary. See – Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- Poem by John Baker (Mooroolbark) to mate “Col”. – See – “Bit’s ‘n Pieces 2”
- Catch Queensland’s “Awesome Foursome” live, today (5 Dec ’18) from the Australian Champion of Champions held in Merimbula. See – “Bit’s ‘n Pieces” or Click here.
- Dromana Open 3 Bowls Triples – 2 Dec ‘18 – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Comments on our “Coaching Tips” page from Roy Bilton and ABA – See Your Comments.
- Report/photos from Mooloolaba Armed Pairs – See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- Armadale Results, photos – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- 2 Coaching clinics added 16 Dec ’18 & 20 Jan ’19 – See Coaching Clinics.
- Results from Werribee Armed Triples (18/11) – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Results and photos from Berwick Open Pairs, 12 Nov ’18 – see – Tournament Results.
- Very interesting comment from “over the ditch”, New Zealand. See – Your Comments.
- Further comment and reply. – See – Your Comments.
- New comment from Peter Wigmore. See – Comments. Have your say.
- Venue announced for Vic. State Armed Singles/Pairs – See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- Results with photos, Burden Park 2 bowl triples. See – Tournament Results – Vic.
- Peter Dixon and Pam Bryant get best 4th game win at Beauy. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces – 2”
- Important Notice from Allan Starrett regarding the NSW 2019 Armed Season – See Upcoming Tournaments – NSW
Congrats too: Phil Godkin, (State Arm Side Coordinator), Michael Rose (State Arm Coaching Coordinator) and Tony Long (State Arm Events Schedule Coordinator).
- Reminder to all Vic. Armed Bowlers, it’s 15 sleeps till Burden Park’s 2 Bowl Triples and it’s 19 sleeps to the Berwick Open Pairs….Love open pairs! Check out the flyers on this site at “Upcoming Tournaments” – Victoria.
- Geoff Cooper wins Club Vet. Singles at Kawana. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces 2” Oct ’18.
- Take a moment to look back at the Croydon Bowling Club’s Armed Clinic held on 9th Sep’18. It was hugely popular and they promise to follow up in 2019. Read their report and check out their photos in “Coaching Clinics” Well done Croydon!
- The Mooroopna event scheduled for 28th Oct. ’18 has been cancelled.
- Congrats to Armed Bowler Barry Anset on again being selected to the Bowls Vic. 60’s and Over Senior Men’s Side. (Pic. on Bit’s ‘n pieces 2)
- Important news for N.S.W. Armed Bowlers. See Upcoming Tournaments-NSW
- Day 4 – Last Day Results – See “State Reps – 2018”.
- Day 3 – Results – See “State Reps – 2018”.
- Day 2 – Results and Official Side photos – See “State Reps – 2018”.
- 2018 National Bowling Arm C’ships – photos, report and results from Day 1- See “State Reps – 2018”.
- Swan Hill event listed for 8 Sep ’19 has regrettably been cancelled today 6 Sep.
- Flyers for Mooroopna and the City of Frankston’s “Battle” Singles and Triples added. See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- Flyers for Swan Hill, Berwick, Werribee & Dromana added. See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- More Comments/Questions. See – Your Comments.
- Vic. Armed events notified. See – Upcoming Tournament – Vic.
- Vic. Coaching Clinics notified. See – Coaching Clinics
- Kawana O/Pairs 18 Nov ’18 flyer added. See Upcoming Tournaments – Q’ld.
- Welcome to spring, and welcome to the Tasmanian’s about to enjoy their First National’s! See ya there!
AUGUST 2018 NEWS
- New Comments/Questions. See “Your Comments”
- Apologies to those that rec’d too many advice’s! Sorry.
- Latest BA Artificial Devices Policy. See “State Reps” 2018.
- Finley Armed Tussle moved to 11 May ’19
- New comment from Col Griffin – See – Your Comments.
- Rule change as announced by Bowls Q’ld. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces 2”
- Media Release No. 2. of 4 Aug ’18, Re-Bowls Australia Nat. Bowling Arm Sides C’ships – See “State Reps -2018”
JULY 2018 NEWS
- Chermside hosts M.A.B.A Pairs – See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- Pam Martin wins Minor at Beresfield. See Bit’s ‘n Pieces 2.
- Finley 2 Sep ’18 “Armed Tussle” flyer added – See Upcoming Tournaments Vic.
- Burden Park 8 Nov ’18 flyer added – See Upcoming Tournaments Vic.
- You can now make a comment …..at the end of any of my VERY LONG Pages – This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.
- Conditions of Play for National Armed C’ships – See State Reps. 2018.
- Program release for 2018 National Armed C’ships – See State Reps. 2018.
- Golden Arm report from the trophy donator, on behalf of the Armigo’s! – See Tournament Results – NSW
- The Golden Arm Trophy Challenge – 9th July 2018. Results and photos from New Lambton B. C. N.S.W. – See Tournament Results – NSW
JUNE 2018 NEWS
- Tasmanian State Side locked in. (See State Reps 2018.)
- N.S.W. State Side advised. (See State Reps 2018.)
- Queensland State Side announced. (See State Reps 2018.)
- Vale Ken Taggart (See Home Page)
- Question from Rodney Brown, see Your Comments.
- New profile added. Read about Peter Dixon in Armed Bowler Profiles
MAY 2018 NEWS
- Congratulations to Wendy Ogders and the Vic. Disability Squad in W. A. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces 2”
- Queensland Armed Bowlers make their mark in 4’s and pairs. See Tournament Results
- South Australian State Singles Winner ’18. See Tournaments Results – S.A.
- Western Australian Squad named. See State Reps. 2018. Congrats to all!
- South Australian Squad named. See State Rep’s. 2018. Congrats to all!
- Queensland State Armed Pairs & Singles Report & Photos. See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- South Australians seeking help from other armed bowlers or Coaches have a great list of willing helpers from all over the State. Click here for their contact details.
- Queensland State Armed Singles and Pairs winners named. – See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
APRIL 2018 NEWS
- Peter and Gerry win at Bendigo to grab the State (Disability) C’ship Pairs! (new photo on “Bits ‘n Pieces”.
- Armers, Peter Dixon and Gerry Carton to play off in the Multi Disability C’ship Pairs Final at East Bendigo tomorrow. See “Bits ‘n Pieces” – result as it comes to hand.
- Arms For Sale – See “For Sale”
- “Battle” 10th Anniversary bash. Results & Photos. See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Results from Mildura Mike Menz Charity Day. See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Editor’s Comments added. See “Your Comments” (Okay, I admit…they’re mine?)
- “Your Comments” updated.
- Karingal Armed Bowler skips big win in the Frank & Isobel Baguley Ladies Triples. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces”
- Warracknabeal B. C. Open Triples (1 Apr. ’18) Results and photos (See Tournament Results – Vic.)
MARCH 2018 NEWS
- Mildura Bowls Club presents the Mike Menz Charity Day (8 Apr “18) supporting the Sunraysia Cancer Support Group. See Upcoming Tournaments Vic. for flyer.
- City of Frankston (Open Armed Singles – Club Event) winner. See Bit’s ‘n Pieces.
- Items for sale or to purchase – See “For Sale”.
- Kapunda Annual Armed Bowlers Tournament – See Tournament Results – S. A.
- Pam’s Quick Tips added – See Coaching Tips.
- Happy Paddy’s Day!
- Latest news from Bowls Vic. 9 Mar. ’18. Click here.
- Col Griffith has a comment, in our new “Your Comments” Sect.
- S.A. State Trial dates 22-23 Apr. ’18 – See S.A. Website or Upcoming Tournaments.
- Kapunda Cosmo’s 4’s date change to 19 Mar ’18 – See Upcoming Tournaments.
- Latest Bowls Australia Artificial Devices policy. See Approved Arms and Makers.
- Queensland Tournaments, April to November 2018, added.
- “Your Comments” section added.
FEBRUARY 2018 NEWS
- Bowls Vic. Report on the Preston Reservoir Coaching Clinic. 25th Feb. ’18
- Results and pictures of Dromana’s open triples 25th Feb ’18 – see Tournament Results – Vic.
- East Maitland, Beresfield 2 day Armed Event suffered a “wash out” on Day 2.
Check later for the winners, at “Tournament Results – NSW”
- DHB (Hacksaw) Arm for sale, Melb./Frankston area. See “For Sale” Section.
- Richard Haddrick, developer of the “Dart Release” Bowling Arm, gives us his tips – See “Coaching Tips” Thanks Richard.
- The last Coaching Clinic for season ’17-’18 is to be held at Preston Reservoir. It is a big one, and for those Northern Vic.’s wanting to attend, don’t hold back, some digs may be available to you. Check it out in “Coaching Clinics”
- 11th Feb ’18, Lee Wesley wins CHBD Champion of Champions (See Bits ‘n Pieces)
- Photos and some results from Teralba’s 2 day Armed Pairs. (See Tournament Results – NSW)
JANUARY 2018 NEWS
- Keysborough Lawn Bowls Shop is closing – Great deals! – Check out “Bits ‘n Pieces”
- Alby Ashley – The Visionary who got us started. See – “Armed Bowler Profiles”
- Tweed Heads Pairs 26 Feb ’18, flyer added – See Upcoming Tournament – Q’ld.
- Dromana flyer added for 25 Feb ’18 – See Upcoming Tournament – Vic.
- Heaps of photos for you to enjoy – Check out the Phil Gude State Armed Singles and the State Armed Pairs (Male & Female) in our “Tournament Results – Vic.” section.
- Time to check the Cond. of Play for the State (Vic.) Armed Singles. You might be surprised…it’s an 8.15 am Roll up!!! See – Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- Check out the NEW Approved Bowling Arm, “The Dart Release”. See – “Approved Arms and Makers”
DECEMBER 2017 NEWS
- ’17 South Australian Singles Winner & R/u up added. (See Tournament Results – SA)
- City of Frankston Armed Singles results & photos. See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Vic. State Armed Pairs (Men’s) Draw. Click Here. For more go to : Bowls Vic.
- Vic. State Armed Pairs (Women’s) Draw. Click Here. For more go to : Bowls Vic.
- Vic. State Armed Singles (Men’s) Draw. Click Here. For more go to : Bowls Vic.
- Vic. State Armed Singles (Women’s) Draw. Click Here. For more go to : Bowls Vic.
- Certificates for 5-peat Vic. Nationals Winners. See -“State Reps” here – Vic. OR go to: Bowls Vic.
- City of Frankston, Format and Conditions of Play updated advice 26/12. See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- Program, format and prize money details for City of Frankston Singles available by link. – See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- ABA wishes you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!
- “For Sale” Section added.
- Burden Park – Results & Photos from 7 Dec ’17. See Tournament Results.
- We now have a new “Section” (Arms for Sale)
- Coaching tips for Clubs & Players from Allan Starrett updated. (see Coaching Tips)
- City of Frankston original and best “Battle” 2018 flyer added. See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.
- Dromana cancelled due to rain! May be re scheduled to 4th Feb ’18. (Stay tuned.)
NOVEMBER 2017 NEWS
- Armadale Regis Aged Care Super Tournament results & photos – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Belmont 15 Feb ’18 Assembled Random 2 Bowl Triples Flyer added. See Upcoming Tournaments. Don’t miss this one…the only one of it’s kind!
- Werribee results for 19th Nov posted – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- 2 new fabulous 2 dayer events for N.S.W.! East Maitland/Beresfield and Teralba. See “Upcoming Tournaments – NSW”
- Mooroopna Armed 2 Bowl Triples Results. See – Tournament Results – Vic.
- Club Kawana Armed Pairs Results. See – Tournament Results – Q’ld.
OCTOBER 2017 NEWS
- Armed Bowler Frank Baguley, turns 95! See – “Bits ‘n Pieces”
- Report from Howrah, Tasmania on their Coaching Clinic 24 Oct ’17.
- Latest News from Bowls Vic. Click here.
- Report on Burnie, Tasmania’s Coaching Clinic from 20th Oct ’17. See – Coaching Clinics
- Entries for the Vic. State Armed Singles and Pairs close on Fri. 8 Dec. ’17. No late entries will be accepted. Get your entry in now! Click here.
- Results & photos from Karingal 22 Oct ’17 – See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Results from Musgrave Hill posted for 20 Oct ’17 – See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- Read about Tassie’s Coaching Clinic at Kings Meadows – See Coaching Clinics.
- Latest news from Tasmania. See “Coaching Clinics”.
- Bowls Victoria offers its deepest sympathies to husband Graeme and the extended Mitchell Family on the tragic loss of wife, mother and grandmother Carmel. Ballarat District Bowls Division has cancelled its round of Midweek Pennant scheduled for Monday, October 16. Graeme Bridge, Chief Executive. (courtesy http://www.bowlsvic.org.au/Article-Details/avoca-bus-crash-bowls-victoria-statement)
- Western Australian report on the 2017 National Championships. See “State Reps” 2017.
- Vic. Armed State Singles & Pairs entry forms and cond. of play for Jan. ’17.
- Helensvale results. See Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- Victorian flyers added. See Upcoming Tournament – Vic.
- Queensland flyers added. See Upcoming Tournaments – Q’ld.
Well done Storm!
SEPTEMBER 2017 NEWS
Well done Tigers!
- 3 Tasmanian Coaching Clinics announced – see Coaching Clinics
- Only 2 vacancies left for Karingal – see upcoming tournaments -Vic.
- Mooroopna Flyer added – see upcoming tournaments -Vic.
- The Victorian Bowlers Arm State Championships, including the Phil Gude State Singles Championships, will be held from Tuesday, 2nd Jan. ’18 to Friday 5th Jan. ’18 at the City of Frankston B. C. (TBC)
- Vic’s win 5th in a row!
- National Armed C’ships from Moama see http://www.bowlsvic.org.au or “State Reps” on this site.
AUGUST 2017 NEWS
- 2 new flyers posted – Helensvale 9 Oct ’17, Armadale 26 Nov ’17
- Domain now https://armedbowlersaustralia.com (Just to make it easier for you.)
- Geoff. Geary (Q’ld) features in Sunshine Coast Daily (See Bit’s ‘Pieces)
- Western Australian Squad named for upcoming National C’ships (See State Reps)
- City of Frankston Battle of the Arms Singles date changed to 30th Dec ’17. (More Later)
- City of Frankston chosen as venue for the January 2018 Vic. State Pairs & Singles Championships.
- Coaching Clinic 13th Aug ’17 Darebin City (See Coaching Tips)
- Paradise Point and Urangan Open Pairs flyer are on Upcoming Tournaments Queensland
- Congratulations to all those selected to represent their State in the 2017 Armed National Championships. With the exception of Western Australia, they are listed by State under the State Reps heading for 2017.
JULY 2017 NEWS
- South Australia names it’s State Side for the September National Armed Bowling Championships in Moama. Click Here.
Flyers are arriving thick and fast. We now have flyers for the fabulous:
- Karingal B. C. Open 2 Bowl Triples (in their 3rd yr.), 22 Oct. ’17. This event has a “whopping $1800 up for grabs” and I’d suggest …….you get in really quick, to be part of this great event, sponsored by “Oaktree Retirement Villages”.
- City of Frankston (Club Sponsored) innovation, “the Battle of the Arms – Singles, 19 Nov. ’17. Don’t miss this one!
- The Dromana B. C. Open Triples, 3 Dec. ’17. $900. Sponsored by “Travability”.
To see the flyers for these events, with all you need to know, plus booking details, go to “Upcoming Tournaments” – “Vic.”
JUNE 2017 NEWS
- Finley “Armed Tussle” 27 Aug ’17, 3 Bowl Pairs. See this years flyer in (Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.) and last years results in (Tournament Results – Vic.)
- Swan Hill 9 Sep ’17 Open 2 Bowl Triples. (See flyer & contacts in Upcoming Tournaments Vic.)
APRIL 2017 NEWS
- Vic. Armed Bowls Squad named. (See S, tate Reps. – 2017)
- Vince Daly is pleased to announce that this years South Australian State Singles (Armed) Champion is Phil Saunders from the Salisbury Club. Congratulations to all those who participated.
- Mordialloc Team win at the 2017 “Battle of the Arms” At City Of Frankston. (See Results)
MARCH 2017 NEWS
- Armed Duo strike a win at Hampton All Stars (See Results)
- Kawana has a last try for the Q’ld State Side for 2017, by way of an Open Pairs on 23 April ’17. (See Upcoming Tournaments – Queensland)
FEBRUARY 2017 NEWS
- This site has a new URL https://armedbowlersaustralia.wordpress.com/latest-news/
- From South Australia. A reminder regarding the Bowling Arms Day at Kapunda. As this club is the first to embrace the bowling arms players in their own competition, I would urge all arms players to compete in this event. Please advise any players from your club of this competition and make up as many teams as possible to show that we are serious in our endeavours to gain recognition in competitions. Regards, Vince Daly, President. http://www.armbowlers-sa.org.au/ Check out “Upcoming Tournaments” South Aust.or the link above.
JANUARY 2017 NEWS
- https://armedbowlersaustralia.wordpress.com “you might see me here… please let me know.” Cheers!
- From my “Facebook” site: The Pairs Winners!You might be wondering why you haven’t heard it from me first?I’m pondering, and under some extreme pressure from “you can guess where”, to close my site, I have succumbed, and I will close this site and my http://www.armedbowlersaustralia.com site.I’ve enjoyed the ride, I filled a gap…screaming for attention, I hope you also enjoyed the ride? If you need to, or would like to, keep articles from the main site for your personal and individual use, please feel free to do so especially the Coaching Tips, and any data/photos on there, that involved you and that you are proud of, being apart of. In the past my text/photos have been used by Bowls Vic w/o a courtesy note or credit, this is not a go ahead for Bowls Vic. to share items from this site. If you still wish to browse the site you can at https://armedbowlersaustralia.wordpress.com
- ……and the Pairs Winners were, Phil Godkin (Eaglehawk) & Barry Anset (Bendigo). Runners-Up, were Brian Woodland (Bairnsdale) & John Lewis (Lakes Entrance)
- State Armed Singles Finals results (See Tournament Results)
- Check out the winners from today’s Armed State Single rounds. (See Tournament Results)
- Good luck and good bowling to all entrants in the very first Armed State Singles and Pairs Title draws to be played this Tuesday to Friday at MCC (both venues). (See upcoming Tournaments)
DECEMBER 2016 NEWS
- Armed Bowlers, Brian (Clanga) Clancy and Jim Jennings have been made “Life Member’s” of the Deniliquin RSL Bowling Club. (See “Bits ‘n Pieces”)
- Check out the Latest News on Armed Bowling from Bowls Queensland or ABA’s Facebook page.
- A “bit of fun”…I’m Chair of Saturday Selection at the Edithvale Bowls Club, these are my fellow Selectors. Love ’em. Hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Good Bowling always! Click here to see. Check this out!
- Click here for a video of Armadale’s Super (Armed) Tournament from ABA Facebook.
- Photos from the Preston Reservoir Coaching Day 11/12/16. See “Coaching Tips”.
- Check out who won at Pine Rivers last Monday. See “Tournament Results – Q’ld”.
- Newcastle District Bowling Assoc. (Zone 2) Inc. is holding an Open Armed Singles Championship in Feb. ’17 and an Open Armed Pairs Championship in Mar. ’17. Check out the flyer’s and entry details on Upcoming Tournaments – NSW.
NOVEMBER 2016 NEWS
- Check out the photos from Armadale’s Super Armed Tournament in Results
- Results and story re-Armadale’s event posted. See Tournaments Results
- Results from the Lilydale (Vic.) Pairs 20 Nov ’16 ….See “Tournament Results – Vic.”
- North Dalby Q’ld have a 2 Day Carnival for Armed Bowlers 4-5 Mar ’17. Check out the flyer at “Upcoming Tournaments – Q’ld.”
- Col Griffin (AKA Mango Chutney and Artwombat) from Q’ld, provides an innovative approach to using a bowling arm effectively….Check out “Coaching Tips”.
- Lilydale needs a single entry to pair up with another single entry for their Sun 20th Nov ’16 Pairs. Can you help please? CLICK HERE for the Flyer and contact details. Please note this event is now 2,4,2 not 2,2,2,2. It’s going to be a ripper!
- Check out the results and photos from the Kawana Armed Pairs, 13 Nov ’16 in our “Tournament Results – Q’ld” sect. Great report from Geoff. Cooper and Bill Roberts.
- NSW Armed Singles results from a brilliant 2-day event at the Beresfield & Maitland Clubs. See “Tournament Results – NSW”
8pm 15 Nov.’16 Super Moon from Barbara Sharp Edithvale B.C.
- Results & photos from the City of Echuca (13 Nov ’16) and the Werribee (6 Nov ’16) Armed events – see “Tournament results – Vic”.
- Results & photos from the City of Frankston – Battle of the Arms (Singles), 13 Nov ’16 – see “Tournament results – Vic.”
See more on Lee Anthony Hampton click here KooriKicksArt
- More Funnies – Check ’em out!
- A few more teams are required for Armadale’s Super Bowlers Arm Day (2 bowl triples) on 27th Nov. ’16. This promises to be a truly successful day with $1,400 up for grabs, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided for $25 per head. The local Member of Parliament and the local press will attend and this event could possibly become the first Armed “Honour Board” Event. I’ll be there….will you?
- Three great Armed Days coming up on Sunday 13th Nov ’16. Open Pairs at Kawana (Q’ld), Singles at City of Frankston (Vic.) and 2 Bowl Triples at City of Echuca (Vic.). Get in quick last chance! Check out the Flyers in “Upcoming Tournaments”.
OCTOBER 2016 NEWS
- Mt Martha’s “Stick it to ’em” Armed 2 bowl triples, results with photos. See Tournament Results – Vic.
- Check out Musgrave Hill’s Open Armed Pair Results with photos on Tournament Results – Q’ld.
- Pine River’s Q’ld Pairs, Mon. 28th Nov. ’16 (See “Upcoming…” for the Flyer, and “Results…” for last yrs story.)
- Mt Martha have a 2bt’s on Sun 30th Oct.’16 (Big event!) Check if they have a vacancy! Flyer is on site ….check out “Upcoming Tournaments-Vic.”)
- If you haven’t seen it yet….check out Colin Griffin’s comments at the end of our Coaching Tips page. Well worth your consideration.
- Karingal results and photos on Tournament Results – Vic. now!
- Graeme Avery Karingal BC has 1 player vacancy for this Sunday’s Armed Tournament….is that you? Click here for more details. See you there!
- The Vic. State Armed Comps. are on! (Check out Upcoming Tournaments- Vic. ).
- Details of Vic. State Armed Comps. for Singles and Pairs coming up!
- If you want to round-out October with some very good Armed tourney’s consider these: Musgrave Hill, Q’ld.(Pairs) 21/10, Karingal Vic. (2bt’s) 23/10, Mt Martha Vic. (2bt’s) 30/10. For all details, contacts and flyers go to (Upcoming Tournaments – in your State.)
- Corowa has regretfully had to cancel their Armed Day this Thursday as they are surrounded by flood waters and, the Council have shut down access for a week. (See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic. & NSW.)
- V.I P. message from the Victorian Co-coordinator of Arm Bowlers in Vic.- Phil Gude.(See his Special Message in “Bit’s ‘n Pieces”)
Don’t forget to turn your clock forward an hour in Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania before you go bye-byes on Saturday.
SEPTEMBER 2016 NEWS
- Click here for the Latest News on Queensland’s first foray into the National Championships, how it went and personal comments from the competitors. Page 15
- I know our South Australian friends cannot/or maybe not read this at the moment but we want you to know that you are very much in our thoughts right now, and will be “after the power comes on”. Can’t imagine how bad this is is for you. Hard to believe it could happen in Australia.
- Mooroopna Armed Triples – Report from Arthur Drust. 25 Sep ’16 (See Tournament Results – Vic.)
- Mooloolaba’s Armed Bowlers Challenge Pairs 24 Sep ’16 is a hit with all! Great report & photos from Geoff Geary (See Tournament Results – Q’land.)
- Shepp. Park’s Armed Triples Report added. (See Tournament Results -Vic.)
- Flyers for 4 Queensland events added. (See Upcoming Events- Q’ld.)
- New profile on site – South Australian Arch Baxter ( see Armed Bowler Profiles)
- Change of Date and revised Flyer for Benalla’s “North East Arm Wrestle” (see Upcoming Tournaments – Vic. )
- Photos of Winner’s, Runner’s Up and more from Swan Hill are now on site. (See Tournament Results) Sincere thanks to Bill and Lynda King.
- Please note that with so much info on each page of this site, you have to wait until it is fully loaded.
- Shepparton Park Bowls Club will be holding there Bowling Arm Tournament on the 24th of September rain hail or shine as they can play under a roof. More entry’s would be appreciated. Contact Ross Higgins on 0428580111 or email email@example.com There’s only a few days to go. Excellent practice weekend at Shepp. Park and Mooroopna for the Vic. Open.!
- Results from Swan Hill 10 Sep ’16. (See Tournament Results)
- New profile added. To read about Barry Atkins go to “Armed Bowler Profiles”
- Congrats to Bendigo’s Barry Anset on his ‘Over 60’s State Squad Selection’
- It’s 4 in a row for our Victorious Vic.’s! (see State Reps -2016)
- Full results from Day 2 of the Armed National’s (see State Reps -2016)
- First report from Broadbeach Nat.Sides C’ships (see State Reps -2016)
- Happy Birthday to….Armed Bowlers Australia!
- New article in Bit’s ‘n Pieces.
- The spring is sprung, the grass is riz. I wonder where the boidie is!
AUGUST 2016 NEWS
- Results from Finley’s “Bowlers Arm Tussle” Sun. 28 Aug. (See Tournament Results – Vic. & NSW (?))
- Did you know…..every bit of “Blue coloured Text” is in fact a link to another site/document/photo or whatever? If you haven’t tried it yet….give it a go, just click on it, there is so much awaiting your discovery on this site.
- Click here to read the Vic. Bowls 2016-17 Pennant draw out today 19th Aug ’16.
- Commemorating Long Tan 18 Aug ’16
- All State Sides players competing in the National Sides Championships for Arm Bowlers to be held in Broadbeach 5-8 Sep ’16 have now be named. Check out your States Representatives and their opponents in “State Reps”- 2016.
- Better late than never….Patrick McErlean the voice we knew from early Sunday mornings on the radio, through his Lawn Bowls World show, died in March. (See Bit’s ‘n Pieces for a wonderful story by Leanne Edmistone on his achievements.) A truly remarkable man!
- Benalla 2 Bowl Triples/14 Jan ’17 flyer added (see Upcoming Tournaments-Vic)
- Check out the 2014, 2015 & 2016 South Australian Arm Bowler State Singles Champions in “Tournament Results – S. A.” Were they the first?
- South Australian State Armed Bowlers Squad announced. (See “State Reps”-2016)
- The “Bowling Arm Players Association of SA Incorporated” have launched their own very formidable website, check it out here http://www.armbowlers-sa.org.au
- We should all be excited…the National Armed Bowlers Challenge is less than a month away!
- Added to “Tournament Results – Q’ld” our Bundy story, posted by ABA last June, are the names of those in the Bundy Ladies Event Group photo and an article from the August ’16 issue of “Queensland Bowler” This article is best viewed by going to the page link http://issuu.com/queenslandbowler/docs/august_2016_-_issuu?e=3263897/37539583
(Interestingly at the bottom of the page it says 2015…Oops, …that’s just a typo?)
- Bowls Vic wants to give you the opportunity to win $1,000 worth of Armed Bowls Equipment just for sharing your flyer and armed event story with them. Check out this offer at http://www.bowlsvic.org.au/News/win-1000-in-bowlers-arm-equipment (Editor’s Note: Sorry I can’t offer you the same, but I can guarantee to give you a same day service in advertising your flyer, story and all the photos you wish to send, for free. I can also alert my over 400 members of your event at any time and as often as you require, something they can’t quite do… yet.)
- The flyer for the Belmont B. C. Assembled 2 bowl triples….has finally arrived!! This is a fabulous event not available elsewhere. YOU MUST GIVE THIS ONE A GO! (Check out Upcoming Tournaments)
JULY 2016 NEWS
- New “Funnies Page” check it out.
- New item in Bits ‘n Pieces. Bundy Ladies.
- Warragul 2B Triples 12 Feb ’17 flyer added. (See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.)
- Dromana Pairs 4 Dec ’16 flyer added. (See Upcoming Tournaments – Vic.)
- Phil Gude and Barry Ansett win the Armed Pairs Event at Broadbeach Q’ld.
- NSW Woomera’s State Squad announced for the National C’ships in Q’ld/Sep ’16. Thanks Allan, for this advice and good luck to all selected. (See State Reps.)
- As mooted and now set in concrete from Bowls Vic (8/7/16) Official State Titles for Arm Players – Victoria leads the way! Graeme Bridge said, “Bowls Victoria is proud to become the first State Bowling Association to fully recognize its Arm Players by introducing official State Titles for both Women and Men in Singles and Pairs play.”These titles will be played at MCC Bowls Section, Swinburne Ave.Hawthorn from January 3-6, 2017 and we expect solid entry numbers for the inaugural titles.
- Latest dates and venue’s for Armed Bowler Coaching 2016-17, as advised by Bowls Vic. on 8 Jul ’16. (See Coaching Tips)
- City of Frankston Flyers for 13 Nov ’16 & 9 Apr ’17 added (see Upcoming etc – Vic.)
- Election Day 2 Jul ’16
JUNE 2016 NEWS
- Western Australian Bowler Lara Symons, strikes gold with the help of Vic. Armed Bowler Stephen Coles (See Bit’s ‘n Pieces)
- Bundaberg was fabulous, tho’ rain did come in to wash out the second round. (See Tournament Results – Q’ld., for photos & story.)
- Latest from Bundaberg…..it’s on!! To all participants, have a fabulous day.
- 19 Jun ’16 – Bundaberg Ladies B.C. Triples 2X15 ends (Threatened heavy rain has put the above event in doubt……stay tuned.)
- Alison Meakin at the Aust. Open. (See Bit’s ‘n Pieces.)
Official State Titles for Arm Players – Victoria leads the way! Graeme Bridge has said, “Bowls Victoria is proud to become the first State Bowling Association to fully recognize its Arm Players by introducing official State Titles for both Women and Men in Singles and Pairs play.” These titles will be played at MCC Bowls Section, Swinburne Avenue Hawthorn from January 3-6, 2017 and we expect solid entry numbers for the inaugural titles.
- 2016 NSW Bowlers Arm “Provisional” Team Release Information. (See State Reps 2016)
- Beresfield and Maitland Events for 6 & 7 of June were cancelled due to a rain event. See what Allan Starrett has to say about this and read the 2016 NSW Bowlers Arm Provisional Team Release, Information. (Check out State Rep’s 2016.)
- NSW’s Major Armed Event scheduled for last weekend needs rescheduling, as the epic storm/rain event of that weekend forced it’s cancellation. Our thoughts are with those caught up in this rain event and we look forward to a new date in perfect conditions.(Check Upcoming Tournaments-NSW)
- Finley R. S. Flyer added (See Upcoming Tournaments-NSW & Vic.)
MAY 2016 NEWS
- Karingal & Swan Hill Flyers added. (See Upcoming Tournaments-Vic.)
- City of Echuca, Shepparton & Mooroopna Flyers added. (See Upcoming Tournaments-Vic.)
- Bundaberg Ladies B.C. 19 Jun ’16 flyer added (See Upcoming Tournaments- Q’ld.) Don’t be scared off by 2X21 ends. Format may change.
- New Vic. Tournaments added….stay tuned for Flyers. (see Upcoming Tournaments-Vic.)
- Lilydale B.C. Pairs 20 Nov’16 posted (See Upcoming Tournaments-Vic.)
- Allan Starrett’s Coaching Paper updated. ( See Coaching Tips)
- Last pics from NZ(See Bit’s ‘n Pieces)
- Bowls Vic report on Armaroos Tour
- Report on the last 2 day’s of our Armaroos NZ.tour by our travelers. Well done to all you did us proud. (See Bit’s ‘n Pieces)
- More photos from NZ. (See Bit’s ‘n Pieces)
- Latest NZ Herald Report
- Check out NZ Herald’s report on our Armaroos Visit! Click here and for this and more go to Bit’s ‘n Pieces.
- More reports from Mt Maunganui. (See Bit’s ‘n Pieces)
- First reports from the Armaroos in NZ. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces”
- Armadale B.C. have a wonderful Armed Tournament planned for 27 Nov ’16 (Check out the flyer in Upcoming Tournaments -Victoria or simply click here)
- SBS’s Bowls Show starts 1pm Sundays from 15 May 2016 (Click here for more)
APRIL 2016 NEWS
- A breathe of fresh air! Neville Rodda. See “Coaching Tips”.
- Gold Coast -Tweed 5-a side 29/4 flyer added. See “Upcoming Tournaments” Q’ld.
- ABA wishes the ARMAROOS a happy and successful NZ tour. See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces”
- Anzac Day 2016
- Congrats to Fiona McNamara on winning Heatherdale’s Ladies Club Championship, Ladies Pairs and the Ladies Proportional this 2015/16 season…fabulous effort Fiona! See “Profiles” or “Bits ‘n Pieces”
- Richard Sissons added to Armed Bowler Profiles
- Vic. Armed Squad Selected for Nat. Armed Bowling Championships 2016 (See State Reps – 2016)
- Check out the “Battle of the Arms” story and pictures in Tournament Results. Vic.
- Armed Bowler Frank Baguley O.A.M. in Profile. See Armed Bowler Profiles.
- Michael Scotter retires from Squad Trials and Interstate Comps. Read his story in Armed Bowler Profiles.
- First day of trials (for selection in the Vic Armed Squad) will be held at Whittlesea on 3 Apr ’16. Get along, have a squizz! Good luck to all the hopefuls (let’s see if only 2 females make the Squad again?) Is it a RATIO thing or what?
- It’s not an Armed Tourney but it’s a great chance to bowl and be entertained by The Royal Aust. Navy Big Band! That’s different! Get in quick.
MARCH 2016 NEWS
- Armed Bowler skips win in NYAH Districts Roy Armistead Day. See “Bit’s n Pieces”.
- Sale “Call to Arms” results and photos, see “Tournament Results, Victoria”.
- Fiona McNamara Profile moved to Armed Bowler Profiles
- 2 Poems added by Peter Hemmens – See “Bit’s ‘n Pieces”.
- I am very happy to open a new category that presents our Armed Bowler Community in a new light. “Armed Bowler Profiles”I’ve chosen to top this list with no lesser a bowler than John Snell O. A. M. and Bowls Australia’s first “Hall of Fame” inductee. John’s story follows but although his accolades mostly pre-date his 2012 uptake of the Mechanical Bowling Arm, he has continued to amaze us through his dedication to master this aid. I’m pleased to say that he played his first Armed Tournament at the Edithvale Bowling Club on the 20th Mar ’16………as a Lead to Skip Michael Rose, a bloke he coached but one who had only 3 months experience with the arm. They won all 3 games with 33 shots up! Not bad eh? Read John’s story on Armed Bowler Profiles
- Edithvale’s “Armed & Dangerous”Tournament. See “Tournament Results” for all placegetter’s & photos.
- Bowls back on the Telly….SBS Thank you!
- ABA congrats Fiona McNamara see “Bit’s ‘n Pieces” for profile & photos.
- Reminder Sale has a 2 bowl triples armed tourney “Call to Arms” on Sat. 26th and Edithvale’s “Armed & Dangerous” medley pairs tourney is on Sun. 20th March.
- NSW Pairs (Beresfield) and NSW Singles (Beresfield & East Maitland) Flyers added. (see “Upcoming Tournaments” – NSW) Participants in both the Singles and Pairs events will be open for selection in the 2016 NSW Woomeras team to play in the 2016 National Championships in Queensland in September ’16.
FEBRUARY 2016 NEWS
- Tweed Heads Open Pairs (See results for photos, scoreboard & more)
- Heathmont hosted the Final Armed Bowlers Coaching Clinic for season ’15-’16. It was a great success, this report from Bob Deans “We had about 65 players with 5 coaches and 2 Heathmont Club coaches. Feedback has been terrific. Everyone enjoyed the day and all got something out of the coaching. Numbers were more weighted between beginners through to one year exponents.” Well done Heathmont!
- Belmont winners posted with photos.
- Keilor Result posted.
- Warragul Result posted.
- Maroon Armed Bowlers Assoc. Feb. Newsletter.
- There’s 4 Armed Events on from this Sunday, Warragul, Keilor & Belmont in Vic. and Urangan in Q’ld. If you are one of the lucky ones able to attend one of these, please share your experience with your other mates on this site by sending results, comments and/or photos to firstname.lastname@example.org Cheers!
- Urangan Q’ld Flyer link added
- Letter from Noel Barnsley Canberra North B. C. A. C. T.
“Firstly, congratulations on the wonderful website for armed bowlers. A real eye opener for me as one of the few ACT bowlers who use a bowling arm.
I have made a few enquiries with Bowls ACT about the number of registered armed bowlers in the ACT – at the moment there are only about half a dozen of us (I have only met a couple of them) so there is little chance of getting an ACT team together for armed bowler events.
I have tried to get down to one of the coaching days run in Victoria but so far have not managed it due to other commitments (usually bowls related).
I am interested in playing in the Ipswich tournament on 10 April as I will be playing in the Tattersalls National Tournament at Broadbeach, Q’LD from 3 to 8 April and would be great if I could extend my time in Queensland for the Ipswich event. I would need to enter as a single entry.”
“I’d like to think we could all help Noel and his fellow ACT Armed Bowlers out here?
Firstly, enable them to contact one another. (I can put them in touch with each another if ACT bowlers identify themselves as Armed Bowlers, or ACT bowls members in general refer Armed Bowlers to me at email@example.com They could then contact one another, and… compete as a Team in any open event for experience as an Armed Team. They can then compete as an Armed Team when Armed Events are held closer to them. (They’ll know each other and perform well.)
If you want to play in the Ipswich event, and are looking for another player, you can contact Noel through this site via the email address above.”
- If you live in the A.C.T. and use a bowling arm, please check out Upcoming Tournaments ACT, there’s a message just for you!
- Ipswich and Laidley, (Q’ld) Flyers posted. (See Upcoming Tournaments)
- The final Arm Coaching day for this season will be held at Heathmont BC on Sunday, February 28 from 10.30am. Please contact Bob Deans at firstname.lastname@example.org or on his mobile 0413 021 474 to ensure a spot.
- 5th February ’16 – Arthritis and Osteoporosis Victoria’s MOVE with Bowls program is gathering plenty of momentum from Bowls Victoria’s clubs.And the Foundation has signed up its first representative team – sponsoring a team in the Mulgrave Country Club Super Sixes tournament with special MOVE with Bowls shirts.The MOVE with Bowls team is made up of State Arm players (who appreciate Arthritis and Osteoporosis Victoria’s slogan of “move it or lose it” and are proud to be representing Bowls Victoria’s charity partner at this event.The team playing during the Super Sixes series, which runs until March, is: Tony Long, Doug Corrigan, Lee Wesley, Stephen Coles, Ray Arnold and Phil Gude.See Bowls Vic.’s “Heads Up” of 5th Feb ’16 for more on this great initiative or simply click here.
- Aussies to visit NZ named (in case you missed it last time). (see Upcoming Tournaments in all States)
- New event for Mt Martha. Flyer posted (see Upcoming Events – Vic.)
- Trial dates for Vic. Squad (see State Reps 2016)
- Link to “Inside Bowls” Magazine added (see Other Sites)
JANUARY 2016 NEWS
- Golden Sq. Armed Flyer posted (see Upcoming Tournaments)
- Item posted on “Bit’s n Pieces”
- Search Bar added….you beauty!
- Keilor Pairs Tournament Flyer added (see Upcoming Tournaments)
- Q’ld info added (see State Reps – 2016)
- Flyer for Tweed Heads Pairs posted (see Upcoming Tournaments)
- New Flyer from C of F’ston “Battle of the Arms” 3 bowl triples added. (See Upcoming Tournaments)
- New Flyer from Benalla added. (See Upcoming Tournaments)
- Exciting news for all NSW Armed Bowlers! (Courtesy of Allan Starrett)
For your information the following dates will be available for those wishing to participate in the NSW Woomeras Bowling Arm Squad for coaching, training and game play:
1st Monday of the Month 2.00pm – 4.00pm Beresfield Bowling Club That’s Mondays 1st February, 7th March, 4th April: This will be a games event as I will be unavailable due to State Disability Selection duties, 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July and 1st August the last training session for 2016!
Monday 2th May: “Australian Armaroos” travel to New Zealand.Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st May: 2016 NSW Bowlers Arm Singles Tournament at Beresfield and East Maitland.
Sunday 10th July: 2016 NSW Bowlers Arm Pairs Tournament Beresfield
Sunday 4th September – 8th September: National Championship at Broadbeach BC, Queensland.
Please share this information with others who may use a Bowling Arm in NSW.
If you seek further information, Allan is there to help by email. email@example.com
- Heathmont Results (10 Jan ’16) and photos (see results)
- Flyer for Yallourn Coaching Day posted (see Coaching Tips…etc.)
- Central Wendouree Results (2 Jan ’16) posted (see results)
- 4 new Coaching tips added.
- 1 new cartoon added.
DECEMBER 2015 NEWS
- Bowls Vic introduces “Bowlers Arm” page (see link in “Other Sites”)
- Lee Wesley wins Romsey Club C’ship (see “Bits ‘n Pieces)
- Metro Sat. Pennant for 18 Dec. has been called off due to heat. Click here for more from Bowls Vic.
- Sale Flyer “Call to Arms” added
- The “Laws of the Game” specific to Armed Bowlers is now on site, under the “Approved Arms & Makers” heading. (Always check with your State Authority or Bowls Aust. and World Bowls for updates.)
- Dromana Results & Photos posted
- Belmont Flyer added
- Coaching by Allan Starrett updated
- Looking forward to Dromana Pairs (Vic.) this Sunday.
NOVEMBER 2015 NEWS
- Pine Rivers Results on site
- Maroon Armed Bowlers Nov Newsletter.
- Click here for “Armed Coaching goes Regional” from Bowls Vic.
- Kawana Pairs (Q’ld) results on site plus photos.
- The South Australian Bowling Arm Assoc. Inc. has added to Upcoming & Previous Tournaments….please check it out!
- Fab day had by all at City of Frankston 15th Nov. See results page.
- Armed Bowlers Australia congratulates Armed Bowler Barry Anset (Bendigo), Dennis McHarry (Shepparton RSL) and Geoff Frantz (East Shepparton) on making it through to today’s (13 Nov ’15) Vic Open Men’s Triples Final. The winners (18-11) were Wayne Brooks, Phillip Thorn and Matthew Liverton all from City of Echuca
- Soooo looking forward to City of Frankston Singles this Sunday!
- To receive notifications of new posts to this site……please click on the “Follow” button, bottom right.
- Check results from Sunday’s (8 Nov ’15) Werribee and C of F’ston vs. Dromana Tournaments
- Armed Bowlers Australia congratulates the Maroon Arm Bowlers Assoc. of Q’ld on setting up their own purpose specific website.
- Congrats also to any “Armed Bowler” competing in the Vic. Open in Shepparton. “If that is YOU, please let me know!”
OCTOBER 2015 NEWS
27/10 – 1/11/15 Norm Knopp Challenge, Echuca.
Teams Entered: Winners in red.
G Boyd, P Vlaeminck, F Byrne, M Smith (s)
D Morris, L Brooks, B Marron, B Holland (s)
G Murphy, G Beckham, T Arnold, S Carter (s)
D Rowley, G Walsh, Graham Edwards, D Carter (s)
B Byrne, L Kelly, T Babitsch, Barry Anset (s)
N Belt, P Moller, D Mason, A Brown (s)
Women’s Team for the Golden Rivers Challenge at Echuca on 1 Nov. ‘15
A Bruggy, E Thatcher, G Waegeli, S Howes (s)
S Priest, P Pain, B McDermott, A Borham (s)
M Cusack, J Robertson, M Chisholm, J Belt (s)
Well done to Armed Bowlers Graham Edwards and Barry Anset on your selection and the Anset team on their win, representing Bendigo.
24/10/15 – Armed Bowler, Brian Clancy and Partner Frank Daniels won the Deniliquin RSL.Pairs.
(Report and photo by Cheryl Bradley)
(Editors Note: Brian Clancy’s wife Beverley has written a wonderful book on Deniliquin’s WW1 servicemen, contact the Deni Genealogy Soc., Family Hist Group or RSL for more info)
23/10/15 – Check out Musgrave Hill Medley Pairs results under Tournament Results – Queensland.
18/10/15 – Armed Bowlers go International.
The best and latest news for us Armed Bowlers has just come from Rodney Egge of the South Aust. “Sturt Peas”!
“A self-funded Australian Bowling Arm Team has been chosen from National Championships participants to tour New Zealand in May next year.
The team is as follows:
VIC – Barry Anset, Ray Arnold, Doug Corrigan, Harry Dahllof, Phil Gude, Tony Long, Ann Power, Adele Ryan, Lee Wesley.
NSW – Mick Cleary, Jeff King, John Passfield, Allan Starrett, Roger Sydenham, Stan Wrzeczycki.
SA – Arch Baxter, Rodney Egge, Stuart Reither, Don Sheldon.
Q’LD – David Johnson.
The tour has been arranged in conjunction with Bowls New Zealand and consists of a tour of the North Island playing club teams in Auckland, Tauranga, Hastings, Taupo, & Hamilton. The tour is intended to raise the profile of bowling arms in NZ and hopefully lead to the eventual establishment of a NZ Team.” (Thanks Rodney Egge for this report.)
SEPTEMBER 2015 NEWS
7/9-9/9/15 NATIONAL BOWLING ARM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Tranmere Bowls Club is playing host to this year’s most awaited event in the Armed Bowlers calendar, the “National Bowling Arm Sides Championship”. It is situated 6 kms east of Adelaide on the corner of: Magill Road and Kings Grove, Tranmere, South Australia and boasts 3 new synthetic greens.
There are 18 players in each States Representative Side, those Sides being:
The NSW “Woomera’s”
The South Australian “Sturt Peas” and
In addition to these are the numerous co-coordinators required to keep things ticking over smoothly, some visiting bowls dignitaries, family, friends and other supporters and maybe even the odd reporter or two. No doubt there will also be representatives from the bowling arm manufacturer’s community.
Over all co-ordination, catering, greens preparation and juggling, cleaning, umpires, markers, measurers, and scoreboard attendants, falls to Tranmere and we know they will do a wonderful job. Tranmere also run a wonderful calendar of armed bowling events throughout the year, I believe.
And so…, following a warm welcome, due ceremony and photos, we got down to business.
Day 1 Rd 1 Fours.
NSW – Parker def Anset (Vic.), Solomons def Prow (SA), Sydenham drew against Reither (SA) for 5 points
SA – Only 1 point here for the above draw
Vic. – Long def Starrett (NSW), Coles def Egge (SA), Crisp def Amos (SA) for 6 points.
Day 1 Rd 2 Fours.
NSW – Sydenham def Coles (Vic.), Starrett drew against Amos (SA) for 3 points.
SA – Egge def Parker (NSW), 1 point for the above draw for 3 points.
Vic. – Crisp def Solomons (NSW), Ansett def Reither (SA), Long def Prow (SA) for 6 points.
Day 1 Leader Board.
Vic 12, NSW 8, SA 4.
Day 2 Rd 1 Pairs.
NSW – Davies def Coles (Vic.), Starrett def Reither (SA) for 4 points.
SA – Amos def Long (Vic), Egge def Allomes (SA), Prow def Adams (NSW), Richards def Solomons (NSW) for 8 points
Vic. – Anset def Adam (SA), Crisp def Parker (NSW), Gude def Wrzeczycki (NSW), Wesley def Sydenham (NSW), Gilmore def Ivanica (SA) Gribbin def Borlase (SA) for 12 points
Day 2 Rd 2 Pairs.
NSW – Wrzeczycki drew against Ivanica (SA), Parker def Amos (SA), Starrett def Long (Vic) for 5 points.
SA – Borlase def Sydenham, Ivanica 1 point for draw above, Richards def Gude (Vic), Adam def Davies for 7 points.
Vic – Gribbin def Solomons (NSW), Gilmore def Adams (NSW), Wesley def Prow (SA), Anset def Allomes (SA), Coles def Reither (SA), Crisp def Egge (SA) for 12 points.
Day 2 Leader Board.
Vic 24, SA 15, NSW 9.
Overall Leader Board
Vic 36, SA 19, NSW 17.
NOW THAT”S GUNNA TAKE SOME CATCHING!
Day 3 Rd 1 Singles (21 up, 4 bowls.)
NSW – Parker def Faull (SA), Solomons def Coles (Vic) for 4 points.
SA – Richards def Adams (NSW) for 2 points.
Vic. – Anset def Starrett (NSW), Crisp def Haywood (SA) Edwards def Sheldon (SA), for 6 points.
Day 3 Rd 2 Singles
NSW – Solomons def Haywood (SA), Starrett def Sheldon (SA) for 4 points.
SA – No points
Vic. – Coles def Richards (SA), Wesley def Faull (SA), Crisp def Adams (NSW), Edwards def Parker (NSW) for 8 points.
Day 3 Rd 1 Triples
NSW – No points
SA – Amos def Wrzeczycki (NSW), Egge def Allomes (NSW) for 4 points.
Vic. – Atkins def Prow (SA), Corrigan def Reither (SA), Long def Davies (NSW), Finch def Sydenham (NSW) for 8 points.
Day 3 Rd 2 Triples
NSW – Allomes def Atkins (Vic), Wrzeczycki def Corrigan (Vic) for 4 points.
SA – Reither def Sydenham (NSW), Amos drew against Finch (Vic), Prow def Davies (NSW) for 5 points.
Vic. – Long def Egge (SA), Finch drew against Amos (SA), for 3 points.
Day 3 Leader Board.
Vic., 25, SA 11, NSW 12.
Overall Leader Board
Vic. 63, SA 30, NSW 27/29 (?).
The scores tell it all…………….a resounding three in a row win to the Vic’s!
Well done too: The Overall Tournament Director Mike Porter, the State Side Managers/Coordinators: Don Reid (SA), Phil Gude (VIC) and Vince Daly (SA) and the Organizing Committee of: Rodney Egge, Ron Mitchell & Mike Porter.
Photos courtesy of Bob Ormisher & Rodney Egge, Scores Lee Wesley.
AND here’s the victory photo of the 2013, 2014 and now 2015 Winners, courtesy of Bob Ormisher.
AUGUST 2015 NEWS
The big news for all Victorian Armed Bowlers is that from the 2016-17 season Armed Bowlers will be able to participate in their own discipline in fully fledged State Championship Events (Singles & Pairs). Whoopee!
JULY 2015 NEWS